PRENATAL AND PEDIATRIC CHIROPRACTIC CARE in Roswell GA
Our chiropractor in Roswell GA is trained to help with prenatal and pediatric chiropractic care.
Webster Technique in Roswell GA
Dr. Larry Webster, founder of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) developed thischiropractic adjustment as a safe means to restore proper pelvic balance and by reestablish the normal physiological function of the mother. This also improves her comfort throughout pregnancy in preparation for a safer, easier birth. By normalizing mom’s pelvic neuro-biomechanics, optimal fetal positioning may be facilitated.
Obstetric literature has determined that correct positioning of the baby in-utero affects birth outcome and decreases the potential for undue stress to the baby's developing spine and nerve system. The literature also determined the importance of pelvic neuro-biomechanics for the prevention of dystocia (difficult birth). Because women's bodies change rapidly during pregnancy due to the increase of hormones, weight gain, and postural adaptations, pregnant mothers have a greater chance of sacral subluxation and neuro-biomechanical imbalance than the general population. Chiropractic literature has determined that sacral adjusting may aid in normalizing pelvic neuro-biomechanics, which in turn may have a positive effect on the causes of dystocia.
TO THE MOTHER:
- Prepares pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in the pelvic bony structures, muscles, and ligaments.
- Removes torsion of the ligaments that support the uterus, thus potentially reducing aberrant tension to the mother’s uterus.
- Reduces interference to the mother’s vital nerve system, which controls and coordinates all of her systems and functions.
- By improving maternal function, we are decreasing the potential for unnecessary intervention.
TO THE INFANT:
- Reduces interference to the mother’s nerve system, providing her systems with the optimal function that affects overall baby development.
- Pelvic balance allows the baby greater room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine, and other skeletal structures.
- This balance reduces tension in the uterine muscles and ligaments which may give the baby the opportunity to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With optimal baby positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia and concurrent birth trauma caused by the intervention.
Children & Infants
Adjusting a child is like adjusting a little adult. We use different techniques of analysis and adjusting with children.
- Sustained Contact is a technique we use in newborns and some children, and can be used with adults as well. With fingertip contacts, this gentle technique uses light pressure, about the weight of a dime, to remove the child’s subluxation.
- Activator II is the adjusting instrument we use on children old enough to easily follow directions. The Activator II is a light-force instrument perfectly suited to adjust children.
- B.E.S.T stands for BioEnergetic Synchronization Technique. It is a tonal technique that we use with some patients with neurodevelopmental issues such as Autism, ADHD, and learning disorders. It is extremely gentle and effective.
- Cranial Work is a very important technique we utilize with most of our pediatric patients. Light contacts on the child’s head allow for asymmetrical motions to regain symmetry once more. This allows the cranial bones to shift back into alignment, allowing the cranial nerves to function properly.
10:00am - 7:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm
10:00am - 7:00pm
10:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday